In order to obtain a concealed pistol permit in Elmore County you will need to visit the Elmore County Sheriff’s Office at 8955 U.S. Highway 231, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. You can also apply online by clicking HERE. You will need to bring a valid Alabama ID when applying in person. If you have recently established residency in Elmore County from out of state, you must bring your previous state ID and proof of residency in Elmore County.
Starting October 1st, 2022 Alabama residence will have the option to apply for a Lifetime Concealed Carry Pistol Permit.
Concealed Carry Permits (1 or 5 year):
- 1 year permit fee is $20
- 5 year permit fee is $100
- Applicants must be 19 years or older to be eligible for a concealed carry permit.
Lifetime Permit Fees:
- $300 - 59 years and younger
- $150 - 60 years and older
Service member/ Law Enforcement:
- Current Law enforcement and retired Law enforcement officers are eligible for a free Lifetime Permit.
- Active, honorable discharge, and retired service members are eligible for a free Lifetime Permit.
- 18 year old service members may apply for a 1 year or five year permit.
- Active service members are eligible for a Lifetime permit at 19 years old if it is not their initial permit application.
- Must provide proof of active service.
- Honorable discharge and retired servicemen must provide proof of honorable discharge or retirement.