In order to obtain a concealed pistol permit in Elmore County you will need to visit the Elmore County Sheriff’s Office at 8955 U.S. Highway 231, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. You can also apply online by clicking HERE. If you are renewing your permit we will mail your permit back to you at the address you use on your application. For new applicants, you may apply and pay online, however you are required to pick up the concealed carry permit from the Elmore County Sheriff's Office. You will need to bring a valid Alabama ID when applying or picking up a new permit at the Sheriff's Office. If you have recently established residency in Elmore County from out of state, you must bring your previous state ID and proof of residency in Elmore County. Upon arrival you will need to fill out a pistol permit application (if you haven't done so online) that will be provided to you. The fee for a pistol permit is $20 per year. You may purchase a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 year permit.
Starting October 1st, 2022 Alabama residence will have the option to apply for a Lifetime Concealed Carry Pistol Permit.
Lifetime Permit Fees:
- $300 - 59 years and younger
- $150 - 60 years and older
Lifetime Permit Requirements:
- Applicants must possess a five year unblemished permit before they are eligible for a Lifetime Permit.
- Current Law enforcement and retired Law enforcement officers are eligible for a free Lifetime Permit.
- Active, honorable discharge, and retired servicemen are eligible for a free Lifetime Permit.
- Active Servicemen
- 18 year old servicemen may apply for a 1 year or five year permit.
- Eligible for a Lifetime permit at 19 years old if it is not their initial permit application.
- Must provide proof of active service.
- Honorable discharge and retired servicemen must provide proof of honorable discharge or retirement.
Concealed Carry Permits (1 or 5 year):
- 1 year permit fee is $20
- 5 year permit fee is $100
- Applicants must be 19 years or older to be eligible for a concealed carry permit.